OS 9 Applications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
Hey,

I'm thinking of downgrading to OS 9 just to try it out. Does anyone know where I can get software for it???

OP
knightjp
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
Applications

Sorry....

Just to clarify... My system requirements are:

Apple G4 400Mhz
RAM 640 MB

I got my Mac with OS 9 installed and I upgraded it to 10.3 Panther.

Recently my brother got an OS 9 CD from. I kinda feel that I didn't give OS 9 a proper trial. I used it for a while sometime ago and kinda liked alot of features it had. But when I tried to find software for it over the net, I couldn't find any. Hence my upgrade.

If anyone is out there that can show me a good site. I would really appreciate it.

Reaction score
There are plenty of places to look for System 9 install disks. You don't even need to get rid of OS X. You can run System 9 in OS X and your Mac will even boot natively in System 9.

OP
knightjp
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
By the responses, I'm getting the feeling that there are a select few who still use the old OS.

Don't you ever feel that you need OS X to stay up to date with the latest???

Or is OS 9 so good that you just don't want to move from it....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.