Alias's are not unsetting

Reaction score
I recently removed my old lamp stack (mysql and php) and reinstalled everything those through macport. After turning off the default apache server that comes with the OS, I installed apache2, php5, and mysql 5 through port. Now I'm working through all sorts of strange problems, but this one has me baffled. I have alias that point to /usr/local/mysql/bin that don't want to unset. Port installs mysql under opt/local/, so I need to unalias and then recreate the alias to point to the proper directories. But the alias's keep reappearing when a new terminal window is opened. There's nothing in .bashrc or bash_profile that could be read to point to the original dirs. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help appreciated - I wanted a linux like package manager - but port is ridiculous. I'm ready to uninstall everything and just install the lamp stack to the original /usr/local dirs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.