Is "the new iPad" worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I currently have the iPad 2 and I wanted to know how current iPad three owners like their new iPad. If you had a 2 do you think it is worth getting the new one?

Reaction score
I had the original iPad and upgraded so there was massive difference. Going from iPad 2 to the new is not going to be as big a difference however the screen is AMAZING! I would defiantly buy it just for the screen but I suppose it depends what you want from the iPad!

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Really the only reason that i would want it is for the display. I really do not see any other need for it. I am going on spring break and the main reason is my grandpa usually lets me spend 500 and i was trying to decide on a macbook air or the new ipad and give my 2 to my mom.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I've had all the iPads. IMO it's worth upgrading for the screen alone. The resolution is incredible. If seeing a crystal clear image is not a big deal for you then I see no reason to upgrade.

Reaction score
I felt it was worth it for the screen alone. Just as when the iPhone 4 came out and I was blown away by the screen vs. my 3GS. Being used to the iPhone 4 (now 4s) screen the iPad screen didn't blow me away, but it's what I wanted.....the same look as I'm used to on the phone. My kids use my iPad 2 so much that it was a no brainer for me....give them the 2 and get myself a new one. I'm very happy with it!

C

chas_m

I really enjoy my new third-gen iPad, but I upgraded from the original iPad. By comparison with that, everything is better. Everything.

If I had an iPad 2, I would probably just wait for the 2013 iPad. Yes, the screen on the new iPad is incredible, I love using the Siri dictation feature (I'm using it right now), I can read things for much longer periods of time comfortably than I could before, and the back camera is beautifully high resolution. but all those things and more will be on the next iPad, so I'm going to stick with my recommendation to upgrade every two years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.