• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tablet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I just bought a tablet from Wacom, at the apple store. After using it I decided I like it alot. Who else uses a tablet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
What are you primarily using it for? I am interested in getting one...

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Currently I am still just fooling around with it, have not used it for anything insanely hard yet, its taking some getting use to. I use the mouse as a replacement to my old mouse and I am starting to use the pen for simple things in photoshop and I did some work in shake practicing with the pen. Its pretty cool.. It was worth the $200 its pretty cool

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Hmm, sounds pretty nice. I might take a basic design class at my college. I dont think they offer anything for macs, but I could learn the fundamentals, and then possibly buy one with some software...

Its probably not a neccessity, and I just spent almost $1800 on a new computer and Final Cut already...

And I just saw the new Canon G7, mmm...

Enjoy your tablet.

JRV

Reaction score
I just bought a Wacom Intuos3. After customizing the mouse and pen to my liking I will say that the tablet works well. The pen can be tricky though. I am not use to the way the pen works and still need a lot of practice.

Reaction score
Can you use the tablet for inputting text or jotting notes, too? Software?

JRV

Reaction score

I'm not sure if there are programs for that. So far I am just using the pen for Photoshop. For everything else I use the mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
What size one did you get? I was thinking about picking up the 5x4" Wacom, since it's teh cheapest and I work a crap-tacular job...

JRV

Reaction score
I bought the 6x8 Intuos3. It seems like more than enough. Small ones will be tight and the larger ones will require you to move your hand further distances. I would recommend a mid size tablet like mine. Desk space may also be an issue you need to consider.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
I so want a tablet for photoshop just can't justify the cost for what I can do with a mouse. But I think the tab. might be better. But I also found this product I will probaly want to try it. Check it out!

Hybrid Tool Thing

It sounds like it could be cool but who knows!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 2GB ram, 500GB hd, 256MB Radeon x1600
I got Wacom Intuos3 A4. (Dunno the size in inches but it's the second largest of the series. ..I posted couple of setup pictures yesterday to the Setup-thread. You can see it there.)

Can't say about the other models but Intuos3 came with handwriting recognition software called Ink.

_This bit ¡s written by hand_ which the software automatically changes to typed text. It has gestures for copying, deleting, pasting, return etc.
It's pretty neat but takes some time to train the program so it recognizes your handwriting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.