Leopard Bluetooth

Reaction score
Hey there guys, i'm new to the forum. I'm thinking about upgrading to Leopard, i have the most recent macbook so i know there wont be any troubles upgrading but i was curious if anyone has tried out the Leopard bluetooth, as the reason for me to upgrade would be to obtain the new A2DP bluetooth profile. Does playing music over bluetooth headphones work well? does it skip at or is it delayed at all? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've heard from various sources that it does work, it doesn't work, and that it does work with modification. I haven't found anything from a reliable source making a firm stance on the issue. If you happen to find something, please post it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.2DC, 1gigRAM, 120gig
hey there!
new to the forum and only 2hours old on my MacBook :D
speak to you guys soon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I've tried it and it works great. Setting up Bluetooth headphones with Leopard is really simple. Just pair it and Leopard gives you the option to use it as a set of headphones.

OP
A
Reaction score
is there any sound delay or skipping when you use your headphones? like if you were watching a movie does the audio line up correctly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, it sounds great as long as I'm within range of the Bluetooth, which is around 25-30 feet. Since my Macbook sits about a foot away from me, range isn't much of a problem ;P

OP
A
Reaction score
sweet, ive been using the softick audio gateway solution but it just isn't working for me. (i have OS 10.4)
it skips around and is delayed so its not great for watching movies or listening to music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Thanks for the info, Kash. Have any BT headphone recommendations? I haven't look them up for months, and there wasn't anything too impressive last time I looked. Do you know of any that are in the earbud style?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I personally don't own a pair as tried a friend's, along with my Bluetooth headset, but they both worked great (obviously the headphones worked better than my headset). Ironically, my Bluetooth headset doesn't technically support the A2DP profile, but Leopard got it to work anyway, which I thought was pretty neat.

I guess searching around and reading reviews would be your best bet. I couldn't possibly try to recommend anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.