Help required to solve start up issue

Reaction score
Hi there, I currently use a Macbok pro, purchased mid 2011 with Lion. Within the past few hours I have come across an extremely irritating error. It started with the opening of an app, 'Pig Rush', I went to quit the game to find I was unable to, I couldn't cmd + tab out either, I could only hear that 'bing' sound, implying I was unable to. Now upon start up of my mac, once logged in, the afore mentioned app starts automatically about 30 - 45 seconds after I log in, I'm then unable to do anything to close it other than rebooting my MBPro with the power button. Is there a way to reboot without opening any of the programmes previously opened? As I feel this could be a way to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance, Joe

OP
P
Reaction score
I have managed to solve the problem myself, after a few reboots it appears OSX recognised the issue and allowed me to start without restoring the open apps, thanks anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.