Segregating OS/Data in Separate Partitions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
I just obtained the iPartition software to re-allocate the space on my iMac HD between the Mac and the Windows partitions.

I am also going to create a data partition to keep it separate from the Mac OS and applications.

In Windows, it's fairly simple to automatically transfer data in My Documents from the C: drive to the partitioned data drive, and to have all future data saved to My Documents folder to go to the new data drive.

What is the easiest way to locate and transfer all of my data to the new partition? Is there also a way to make this new partition my default drive whenever I'm saving data in any of my application programs (aside from setting my preferences in each program)?

Reaction score
I have virtually the same question -
I have just purchase my first Mac and loving it, however I need some help. I would like to dedicate a partition to Leopard and then have my applications and data installed in a separate partition. I have managed to create a partition and install Leopard into it and all is fine - but when try to install applications (iWork), I cannot find an option to install it to a different partition. Also I would also like to move the User folders into the data partition, how? Many thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.