.Mac Sync Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
Maybe someone can help me out here. I just purchased a .Mac account with my new iMac. Exported my Windows Addresses as vcards and imported them into my Addess book in Tiger. I then made some changes and edited them, but when I look at the address book on my .Mac webpage, it has 1/2 the information that is in the address book locally.

I then modified an entry on the server copy of the address book and then sync'ed with my local system, and the changes aren't there locally.

I then went into my .Mac preferences and reset the sync data, using my local copy to overwrite everything on the server.... still the same. As a last ditch effort, I Unregistered my Compter and registered to overwrite the information. Same thing, no change in data.

I currently only have one Mac, and that is the only system that is sync'ing with the information on the server. Can anyone thing of anything else to try?

Thanks,
Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
.Mac sync is currently having issues syncing the Address Book. It seems to be affecting alot of people and is not only a Tiger issue.

So for now, there's nothing to be done other than to wait for Apple to fix the issue or you could delete all your contacts on .Mac, re-sync and your new information should be there. That has worked for some people. Although you'll need to do that every time you want to sync a change.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
Thanks for the info. Where should I reset from. I think I tried all the available reset functions from my local system. I also reset my safari hoping that maybe the address book that I was seeing was just not really what was on the server, but I had stored in my Cache.

Thanks,
Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You just need to go in an manually delete all the contacts from .Mac and re-sync according to the posts I read.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info, but my computers name doesn't have a n "&" in it.

Thanks,
Ray

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
RGertner said:
Thanks for the info, but my computers name doesn't have a n "&" in it.

Thanks,
Ray

Well, the 10.4.1 update is out now which is supposed to have some fixes for iSync, so you may want to give that a try.

-Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.