How to Publish a page for the Web?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini g4 1.5ghz, powerbook g4 1.5ghz aluminum, iphone 8gig, ipod 30 and 4 gig
I have created a home page for my website. It has four texted fields and one picture. I did it all with iweb and published it to a folder on my desktop. I then tried to publish the folder to the web via "Fetch"(a ftp app) it says that it has published it but when I go to the web address it says still coming soon.
The hosting is by godaddy.com
Any help would be great please, I just want to put one page on the web that is it, I didn't know that it was going to be so difficult!!!uhhhh

thanks

T

todd51

Not sure about this, but make sure your index.html file is in the root directory of your webspace. I had GoDaddy hosting a while back ago and I kept putting them into a folder and my page wouldn't come up.

OP
zoobum
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini g4 1.5ghz, powerbook g4 1.5ghz aluminum, iphone 8gig, ipod 30 and 4 gig
Not sure about this, but make sure your index.html file is in the root directory of your webspace. I had GoDaddy hosting a while back ago and I kept putting them into a folder and my page wouldn't come up.

How do I do that...Im really new at this. I have my index.html file in a folder on my desktop.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Make sure you are uploading the file to the correct directory folder, this may be called public_html, web, or www. Check with your web hosts FAQ's or Help section.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.