Slow internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook. 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM :D
Lately, my wireless internet conection seems to be very very slow. Also sometimes the browser (firefox) closes by itself. I tried emptying cookies etc but it's still slow. My pc isn't affected... What could be causing this? Did I catch a virus????

Reaction score
My Firefox has also shut down out of the blue, but it was once or twice, and then it stopped. What kind of reception do you have for your wireless?

Could someone also clarify for me, do cookies slow your internet down? For some reason, I was under the impression that they aided the speed of it from *remembering* the user.

Reaction score
I noticed this lately as well. I use the Airport Base Station with cable modem and usually my internet just screems. It seems like when I downloaded my last round of upgrades from the apple site things really slowed down.

I am using Safari and it shuts down too once in a while too. It used to only happen when I was on MSN but now it happens anywhere...including this site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
There are no viruses for Mac. Not a one.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook. 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM :D
So what's causing it? How do I run a speed test? The weird thing is, it's very quick some times and very slow the other.

WadeMCarter, I think you're right cookies store the sites for quick upload for next time. I was wondering if there were some unnecessary ones taking up the space. I dunno it was probably pointless thing to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.