iPhoto Problem

Reaction score
All of a sudden, I can not print a color photo using iPhoto. Last week, yes. Today, no. I have checked out the printer (done all of the suggested maintenance tools) and still nothing. I can print a photo from SanDisk to printer, not using iPhoto, and it's fine. When I print from iPhoto, however, I get a saturated black image, not truly black and white, but almost like an overly saturated negative. I have also tried printing to a different printer, just to verify that it isn't the printer, and the same thing happens: no color, just overly saturated black image.

I have Tiger, iPhoto 6.0, and up until today, was able to print photos from iPhoto just fine.

I can print color images in other programs--Word, test prints--just not from iPhoto. Help?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
That's very odd!
I would run disk utility and repair permissions as a first step, and then try again. If that fails there must be something in the iPhoto settings that's gone awry, but if you haven't changed anything it's hard to know what.
Report back after trying permissions repair.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I have to admit that I don't know what "repair permissions" is, but I'll search to find it. You know what else is weird about all this? In print preview, it shows the photo in full color. All very strange.

Thank you again.

OP
B
Reaction score
I found disk utility, but have another question: will running it endanger the files I have on my computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.