Internal Hard Drive Super Slow!!

Reaction score
I just bought a refurbished ( http://img28.imageshack.us/i/fulls.png/ ) Hard Drive off ebay. Upon insertion it said it wasn't recognized right away, but I formatted it to two partitions, both of which were Mac OS Extended (Journaled). I used Carbon Copy Cloner to copy my entire hard drive to my new one (via an earlier purchased enclosure and USB). I inserted my new hard drive to my system and it worked.. but ran incredibly slowly. From off until the password screen it took 5-10 minutes and once I was finally able to get into my computer, I was beachballing every minute, even when trying to scroll on a document or webpage.. literally unbearable. I tried repairing the permissions on it and repairing the disk before I got fed up and had to put my old hard drive back in.

I plugged my old hard drive back in and it worked as normal, full speed 15 second boot up time as usual. Here's a pic of it ( http://img121.imageshack.us/i/oldhd.png/ )

I tried the exact mentioned process as above using SuperDuper in case it was a problem with CCC, but it was still super slow.

Am I dealing with a defective Hard Drive? I'm trying to repair the permissions of my original hard drive at the moment and am going to try one more time copying it after repairing it.. not sure if it will do anything. When I try to repair permissions on it (or on copied version of my newer, slow hard drive I get this every time:

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

The original hard drive works perfectly.. when copied to the new one, it is really slow. Is it a problem with the hard drive, does my computer not accept this kind of hard drive? (The ebay seller had a large list of accepted models of which mine was among.)

Any insight would be great.

Thanks in advance,

D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.