Change Apple ID on my iPad

Reaction score
My wife gave my her iPad 2 (she got one of the new ones). During this purchase period, she changed her email address to a "me.com" (that was a good change thanks to one of the genius guys). Now, I can't update my apps. When I tap on the update button, it shows the old email that she no longer uses and requests a password that we no longer know.

So, I have changed the Apple ID in my iPad to my email address and password. Then I signed out and signed back in (Settings>Store) after restarting my iPad. No change.

Then, I brought up the task manager (double-clicked Home button), long-pressed one of the App icons and tapped the - sign in the corner of AppStore.

After restarting the AppStore, still no change.

What can I do now ?

Thanx for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Contact customer service. I believe your Apps are tied to the original Apple ID and that's why you can't update them. Of course you can download them again with the new ID but you'll have to pay once more.

Apple is very strict about the IDs and accounts and will not merge accounts. It's that way to prevent fraud.

OP
E
Reaction score
Contact customer service. I believe your Apps are tied to the original Apple ID and that's why you can't update them. Of course you can download them again with the new ID but you'll have to pay once more.

Apple is very strict about the IDs and accounts and will not merge accounts. It's that way to prevent fraud.

Thanks alot...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.