Uninstall Win 7 VM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7 3.4 GHz..12GB RAM 250GB SSD +2TB HD Lion 10.7. Parallels 7 & with Win7
Hi!..I was trying to change the resolution in win nothing but trouble freezing and mouse not working properly ...managed to shut down using arrow keys
I reckon I need to uninstall win 7 ..going back with time machine is not fixing the problem for some reason.. the problem happened about 7.pm, so i have tried 3.30 pm backup and also 1.30 pm from the time machine and neither of these installs fixed the problem..so will opp for a new install of win 7.. and perhaps parallels a well..
So My question is How do you uninstall win 7 ? or do you delete files and then reinstall win7 or do you have to uninstall Parallels 7 as well??.. Reading parallels uninstall notes its appears that the files for win 7 are retained??
Please someone enlighten me..( well experienced in windows but Mac is all new to me)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
OK.

Out of interest how were you trying to change the resolution in windows?
Do you normally run the VM full screen or in a window?

Here's inon removing/deleting a VM in Parallels KB Parallels: How to uninstall/delete a Virtual Machine

You do not need to uninstall parallels.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7 3.4 GHz..12GB RAM 250GB SSD +2TB HD Lion 10.7. Parallels 7 & with Win7
Uninstall Win

Hi! Thanks for your reply.
Had a look at this and it does come up with a dialog box after you hit remove asking if you wish to keep the file or put it into the trash? Does that mean that if you then reinstall you would have another file to go back too at some time in the future!!
Another question that is worrying me. Iis this VM not being covered by the "Time Machine"? and if not how can you do back ups of it?
Sorry if these seem stupid questions but although I am very experienced with Win I am totally new to Mac.
Changing the Resolution in Win. you can either go via "Control Panel/Display" or right click anywhere on the screen a dialog box comes up and click on "Screen Resolution"
Thanks again,
ronpeck

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have been onto the parallels chat.. and found out how to restore win to an earlier time without effecting Lion OS.. using the pvm file also now able to backup win to an exterior disk.. via the pvm file..
So the problem is solved for now
thanks again,
ronpeck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Glad you got sorted

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.