Desktop Question

M

Mrclean

I have recently downloaded an updated version of itunes. on my desktop there is a picture of what looks like a cd drive or something. It won't let me move this into another folder by draging. I would really like to get it off the desktop. Also it says that I can eject it somehow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It sounds like you have a mounted disk image. All you have to do to eject it is to drag it to the trash. You can also highlight it and use the key combo "Command + E" to eject it. :black:

OP
M

Mrclean

Thanks problem solved. Macs are so simple, why have I been wasting my time all these years with windows

OP
I

iFX

Come Come now.. if they were THATTTT simple you wouldn't have asked for help ;)

OP
J

jessica

iFX said:

Simple or not, when you use windows all your life (as I have) and then you switch to a Mac there is only a handful of things that are so simple they aren't obvious to the windows user. For example, an image of a CD that means you have a CD in your drive. Simple? You bet! But if it were Windows it'd most likely mean there was some spyware or something that was just installed on your box.
Anyway, there's a small learning curve there and I know you were once there too!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
When I got my first mac in Dec 2003, I didn't know to restart it, and I was running many apps from the desktop. And the first day of getting my mac, I didn't know how to shut down my mac either. Ah! Those were the days. :eek:

OP
B

BEEEsH

iWhat said:
When I got my first mac in Dec 2003, I didn't know to restart it, and I was running many apps from the desktop. And the first day of getting my mac, I didn't know how to shut down my mac either. Ah! Those were the days. :eek:

I kinda got lucky because I used macs for a short period of time against my will. I started learning all the little shortcuts and how a few things work differently. Then I realized how much easier it was. Now that I have my mac, I'm pretty good with it. (got it last week)

Reaction score
I have only had Apple .No clue about PCs. I can not believe how easy things are, once you see them done, or taught how to's. Apple has me hooked

OP
S

spong

I use both. I find functionally they're pretty much the same.

I tried to put my Mac on our Windows network in the office, but gave up in the end, so I just use it at home.

It's purely taste. You don't get any more or less out of one or the other.

OP
I

iFX

jessica said:
Simple or not, when you use windows all your life (as I have) and then you switch to a Mac there is only a handful of things that are so simple they aren't obvious to the windows user. For example, an image of a CD that means you have a CD in your drive. Simple? You bet! But if it were Windows it'd most likely mean there was some spyware or something that was just installed on your box.
Anyway, there's a small learning curve there and I know you were once there too!

LOL i was not "once" there, I am still there! ;)

I was just being sarcastic haha... apples are easy I agree :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
iFX said:
This is what forums like this are for, no?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.