Question regarding gaming...

Reaction score
For those of you gaming on your Windows partition on your Mac, how is it? Better? The same? Any problems during set up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Really depends on the specs of the machine and what king of games you want to run. As you may know, running Windows through bootcamp means you get all the system resources your machine has to offer.

As for the setup of Windows on bootcamp you should not encounter any problems as long as you read the instructions carefully and follow them step-by-step.

On my MBP (listed under my mac specs on the left), I can quite easily run Call of Duty Modern Warfare on the highest settings possible, (and as listed this isn;t exactly a "new" machine)

Hope this helps
- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro, 2.3 Ghz i7, 500GB 7200 RPM, 8GB ram, Radeon 6750 1GB, OS X 10.6.6
I play games only on the mac side for 1 reason: the mouse. I have a logitech G5 and there are no mac drivers for it. If i try to play Counter Strike: Source on OS X, even at the highest sensitivity the mouse moves too slowly for me. Not to mention I already owned games on steam that dont have a mac version.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
its exactly the same as a PC with the same specs. unfortunately, my macs suck a little bit for gaming: well, anything intensive, anyway. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.