Downgrading iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3
Is there any way I can install & use iTunes 9 or 10 (the last one where you could open individual playlist windows by double clicking on them) with my iPhone 5s? I much prefer the functionality of the previous iTunes releases

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I suppose you could remove iTunes 11 and install iTunes 10 if you have a backup copy of it, otherwise you would not be able to download it from Apple. Keep in mind that if you remove 11 and install 10 you may lose some other function that iTunes 11 provides.

Also, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by individual play list windows? You can still open a playlist on your 5s that was synced from iTunes 11. The function you're looking for might not have anything to do with iTunes but may be controlled by iOS 7.1.1?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.