early white macbook ram problem

Reaction score
hey guys today i bought my second hand white macbook but it only has 512mb ram, and the operating system is tiger.

i want to get leopard but my ram isnt big enough to support it, will 4gb ram fit in this notebook? and then would leopard work??

thanks

Reaction score
Well,
If you go to crucial.com and download the program or know what mac you have on the list it will tell you what your maximum allowed ram is. Then you can order it there or find it cheaper in other areas like newegg.com or maybe some close store. Hopefully that was exlained well enough and it makes sense? If not I can try to explain it more clearly.

OP
T
Reaction score
Well,
If you go to crucial.com and download the program or know what mac you have on the list it will tell you what your maximum allowed ram is. Then you can order it there or find it cheaper in other areas like newegg.com or maybe some close store. Hopefully that was exlained well enough and it makes sense? If not I can try to explain it more clearly.

thanks i went on the crucial scanner and i could get up to 2gb of memory (2x1gb) will this support leopard for the time being ? and in the future when snow leopard comes out will it support that??

thanks ; )

Reaction score
thanks i went on the crucial scanner and i could get up to 2gb of memory (2x1gb) will this support leopard for the time being ? and in the future when snow leopard comes out will it support that??

thanks ; )

That machine with 2GB of RAM will run leopard just fine. I have the 2 ghz model with 2 GB. No problems. Should be even better with Snow Leopard if Apple delivers the promised speed improvements.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.