Logic/space issue

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm running a 2010 Mac Mini that was given to me in May of 2010, I have upgraded to the new OSX and since then my HD and CPU graphs in Logic have been getting pretty high, even when doing stuff with barely any effects/plugins. Before i upgraded, i was still having an issue, but i also had more stuff on the mac. Since i've upgraded though, it seems like my Mac takes longer to boot up, longer to open any programs, and seems to like dropping wifi connection when using airport. I installed the new OSX through the app store, and i don't have but a little bit of technical know how, would there be something like install files from the old OSX causing issues, old files that needs to be cleaned up, stuff i've downloaded that isn't used anymore, etc. I'm not quite sure wat all i need to clear or how to do it, would you guys be willing to help out in some sort of way.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How much memory does your Mini have and how much hard drive free space remains? Both are critical when running demanding programs such as Logic Pro.

OP
L
Reaction score
I believe it was at least 100 GBs of free space on my hard drive. I can't really check atm as im away from my computer now. Are there any specific directories i can look in as to clear out space? it probably needs a really good cleaning.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you get back in front of your computer, let us know how much free space remains for sure and how much memory you have. Just post back to this thread. We don't want to remove anything yet, and in fact it may not be necessary.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.