Apple Macbook Users, Improvements???

Reaction score
So i just wanted Macbook users to tell me what they wish the Macbook had? things from the Macbook pro that maybe the macbook should have? things that should be standard.

Is there any improvements to it you think they should implement for a later generation?

this should be fun! :)

backlit keyboard :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
tjacob said:
So i just wanted Macbook users to tell me what they wish the Macbook had? things from the Macbook pro that maybe the macbook should have? things that should be standard.
Well, if the MacBook had the same features of the MacBook Pro... then it would cease to be a MacBook. :black:
The MacBook lacks certain features to make it different from the MacBook Pro. Otherwise there would be no need to have a consumer and a professional line.
:black:

Reaction score
The MacBook Pro has the features that I wish the MacBook had. That might be my next purchase.

Reaction score
As DB pointed out, there will always be a "more affordable" and a "if only I had the money to afford that" version because it covers a larger consumer market...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black "ULTIMATE" 1GB RAM 80GBHDD 2.0GHZ Processor
they only thing i wish it had was a backlit keyboard

Reaction score
I wish it had a merom, 17" display, backlit keyboard, 8x dl superdrive, firewire 400/800/usb, and a good graphics card.

Roo

Reaction score
Honestly, the backlit keyboard is the only thing I'd like. As said above, if I wanted a MacBook Pro, I would've spent my money on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ripfrankwhite said:
I wish it had a merom, 17" display, backlit keyboard, 8x dl superdrive, firewire 400/800/usb, and a good graphics card.
....so you more or less just want a 17" MacBook Pro, then?
:p :black:

Reaction score
I'd love it if it just had like.. an X1300/1400 graphics card with 128 dedicated memory, i'd love that or at least an option to add one... Otherwise i think it's perfect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook (White), 1GB RAM, 80GB HD | iPod Video 30GB| iPod Nano 1GB
I would prefer the body to be aluminum, not polycarbonate. A backlit keyboard is not all that useful to me as I touch-type.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
I don't own a MB or anything like that but I think an improvement would be an option for a larger sized screen. Even though I don't need all the power the MBP offers I will probably buy the MBP over the MB because it offers more screen real-estate.

Reaction score
The backlite keyboard would be a nice extra but its not nesesscary i think the machine is great to begin with but one thing is fix the heat issue even with the new update it gets to hot for a laptop, also some small built in speakers would be nice the sound on it sucks and change out the plastic which supposedly rumors are that they already are. othsr than those few you if you want more buy the MBP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.