Macbook 10.6.8 freezes after sleep

Reaction score
I just upgraded to 10.6.8 and my mac freezes when it wakes from sleep. I have seen some posts about this, but they all seem to be incomplete. Does anyone know of a definitive answer? I will be glad to give any details I can to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How old is your Macbook and what were you running prior to upgrading to 10.6.8? Have you tried doing a disk repair to see if anything comes off it?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. The Macbook is a 2007 model and I just recently purchased it friend whom restored it back to factory settings running Tiger. The Mac did not have any prior issues that I know of. I will try disk repair to see what it does and I will let you know. I have a 2008 Macbook with a bad logic board and will probably replace it, but I have not had this type of issue before.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How did you install Snow Leopard? Clean install or upgrade?

OP
J
Reaction score
I just did and update. Should I do a clean install if the problem doesn't clear up or should I do it regardless. FYI - I did perform a disk repair and it has not frozen again.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A disk repair is usually good after an upgrade to resolve any hanging issues. If it's been behaving well, I'd let it be and do the disk repairs once a month or so..also might want to look into OnyX for routine maintenance..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.