Help with my Apple Cinema Display 24"?

Reaction score
Recently I connected my Apple 24" Cinema Display to my 2006 Mac Pro (It required an adapter to connected to the cinema display via DVI to Mini Display) it's all up and running but the picture quality is quite bad like one of the gallery effects you can get on photoshop on the colours, the picture quality has just downgraded in comparison to my old LCD monitor, this is especially noticeable in videos, the videos look abysmal and looks like moving paint. I have tried changing the resolution, all have the same effect, I have tried a second apple cinema display and has the same effect, I have checked all connections and all is good, am i right in thinking that my 2006 Mac Pro has a video card that is barely supporting the size of my monitor? or is it just the effect of the adapter? faulty adapter? If this just is the effect of the adapter converting the image then i am pretty disappointed in the investment :Oops:

Thank You

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

You will d.o much better with a DVI connection. That is the standard fitting for series 1 Mac Pros

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.