• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Judge orders Steve Jobs to answer questions in iTunes antitrust suit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Meh, they are still upset because they made a mistake and are looking to get something back for their time at this point. It's all sour grapes.

Reaction score
If you ask me, if a consumer owns an iPod, then that consumer should only be able to get music (and other content) from the iTunes Store. It's called an ecosystem, is it not?

Totally agree with baggs. Sour grapes indeed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 4, iPod Classic 160 GB. Ubuntu user.
If you ask me, if a consumer owns an iPod, then that consumer should only be able to get music (and other content) from the iTunes Store. It's called an ecosystem, is it not?

No. It is known as monopolistic business practices, which is against the law.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's only monopolistic if the iPod was the only MP3 player on the market and the ONLY way to get music on it was the iTunes Store. That is clearly not the case. There are multiple MP3 players on the market and there are multiple ways to get your music onto the iPod other than the iTunes Store (Amazon and ripping your own CDs are two examples).

Like baggss said, sour grapes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are probably not aware that Amazon purchases do not work outside the US. Try it for yourself.

We will have to wait for the verdict.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
You are probably not aware that Amazon purchases do not work outside the US. Try it for yourself.

We will have to wait for the verdict.

But the other one he listed does work, so your point is mute.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
maybe I am missing something but if the music is not available for purchase in your country on CD and amazon does not work outside of the US. how is that apples fault? are there no other MP3 purchase web sites available?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

That has made it worse... I am confused.

I have a simple answer to this don't by an apple ipod/iphone if you don't want to use itunes.

The definition of a monopoly is that one company is the only game in town and buying up all competition to remove said competition.
Are they saying Apple is the only available MP3 player available?
Or are they saying that apple is to big and popular that others are going out of business.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It means that other mp3 manufacturers do not resort to such sly tactics in order to make money and limit competiton. Cheers, enjoy your time with apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
I actually do not use the iTunes store to buy my music, I rip my own cd's and purchase singe mp3's from other locations and then add them to iTunes. But i knew when I purchased the iPod that I would have to use iTunes.

Reaction score
I can't buy music from the iTunes store, because there is no such store in Hong Kong. I have to buy all of my CDs and then rip and sync them through iTunes. As such, this lawsuit doesn't really make much sense to me.

Reaction score
Since music can be imported in iTunes, from any source, I don't see the restriction.

Other manufacturers also use their own software to manage their devices (at least, the last Creative mp3 player i had a while back needed the Creative software to manage media), so I don't see what the difference is in having to use iTunes.

Since iTunes is already installed on my Mac, it's just one less piece of software to have to install for my iPhone & iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So it's Apple's fault your country doesn't import CD's?

to answer to this question, I'd recommend studying a paper in supply chain management and microeconomics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.