New (to me) Mac Mini

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a Mac Mini from eBay that was used, like new. It's an older model, the 2010 MC270ll/A version. I know that it only has a dual core processor and it seems "outdated", but I think it will meet my needs.

I do light media work, mainly Power Point and make flyers on Pages. Aside from that, just play music on iTunes, watch videos on YouTube and browse the internet. I'm not a gamer, nor do I do heavy media editing like videos, etc. I currently have an older model MacBook, the black 13 incher ... It's served me well and is still running smoothly after all these years. I'm the type of person who loves Mac products, but don't feel the need to upgrade unless I absolutely have to.

The reason I settled for the 2010 model versus newer ones -- from my research this was the last one that had a DVD drive. It's also the first one that had an HDMI port. The HDMI was my first must have, as I have a 32 inch flat screen television that I will be using as it's monitor. I plan on upgrading the RAM to it's maxed out 8GB ... Aside from that, I believe the 320GB hard drive is plenty of storage for me.

Even though this is an older model, I got a pretty good deal (in my opinion) on it, which is why I purchased it (paid a little less than a few hundred). I don't foresee the lower specs (compared to current models) being a problem for me, and I really can't wait for this little sucker to be delivered later this week! My flat screen is already set up on my desk waiting to be used :)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The Mac Mini's are really a good deal these days. I made my splash into the Mac world with one and when you already have everything else, you just can't go wrong with the Mini. The newer Mini's are little powerhouses anyway and almost rival the power of the 21.5" iMacs..

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
My 2009 Mini is plowing along just fine (doing much of what you state you wish to do). I have an older SSD in it and 4GB of RAM. It's nice having the DVD drive because I have it hooked to my TV to use as a home DVD player. It also makes a nice "server" for a Time Machine disk and for iTunes to stream to my AppleTV. Congrats! It should "server" you well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.