Mail.app question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
I am a student aid for the tech admin at our school and he asked me to research and find a solution to the problem he has. He works almost exclusively with macs at my school and his wife uses a PC at home (but he has a really nice 17in PB he uses). Anyway, he said his wife has outlook set up so that when she sends an e-mail out and the person the message is going to looks at it she gets a verification that the e-mail was looked at.

Here is a hypothetical situation: She sends an e-mail that states that the prices are going up buy 8%. When the receiving party gets the e-mail she gets a verification that the e-mail has been looked at. This is very important to her because that keeps the buyers from lying and saying that they did not get an e-mail about the price increase.

So my question is: Is there a way to do this in Mail? Or maybe a plugin or something? Maybe another e-mail client for mac does this?

The reason i ask is because he got his wife to switch to using a mac :)but she really, really, really needs that feature in mail...or another mail application for OSX?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
why is that macman? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I can tell you later, in chat or something, Im not the type to talk about other stuff like that online. but IU can tell you it was a huge mis understanding, then a few people went into
"stick up their arse mode"(that was for those of you in the uk;)
a long time ago, it was me, eric, and a few inactive members. I worked my fingers to the bone, it was me and eric for a while, then things started changing and I guess it got to his head, I dunno. we can talk later in ichat, but for now, I have to do some drawing 2 homework.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Thanks for the help!

I think i will suggest she try Thunderbird.

Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.