Download sound from email into iTunes on iPad

Reaction score
Hello - I'm looking for help getting a sound file from an email attachment into iTunes on the iPad.

Backstory: this is a communal iPad owned by the national park I work at, and I'm trying to load an animal sound into the iPad to be played at a program given while in the field (and not connected to the internet). I have permission to use the sound from our local sound archive, and a copy of the sound in a .wav and a .mp3 file. The only way I can figure to get them onto the iPad is via email, but I can only play the sounds with Safari (by clicking the attachment in my email - I think Safari is the default player?). This works while online in the office, but won't work during my program in the field! This is not a sound that I can buy in the iTunes store, and the connected iTunes account is housed on my boss's computer (and she is even less tech savvy than me).

Any ideas? Thanks!

Alice

C

chas_m

On your computer, drag the MP3 into itunes.

Now sync your iPad to iTunes, and specify that you want that sound to be one of the ones synced.

Now open iTunes on your iPad and play the sound.

OP
A
Reaction score
Chas_m: Thanks. I'm dissappointed in the iPad if this is the only way to transfer an attached sound! But I will talk my boss through this and hopefully solve the problem.

Best,
Alice

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi again,

Ok, we put the two animal sound clips into the iTunes on the desktop and connected the iPad, specifying to sync these files. Now I'm trying to find and play them on the iPad. There doesn't seem to be a music library, like on an iPod. There is nothing in the iPad's downloads or purchased area (we already owned these files, so they were not purchased)... how do I find and play the sounds?

Thanks again for your help!

Best wishes,
Alice

OP
A
Reaction score
Nevermind, I figured it out! Unlike on the other Mac computers and iPods I own, this one has separate "iPod" and "iTunes" applications. My goodness. That solves the problem. Onward....

Thanks again.

Alice

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.