New Program for Darwin: walk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I have just released the Mac OS X Terminal version of my unix and Linux "walk" command line utility to my www.campbell-tx.net web site.

walk descends a folder hierarchy, excuting the supplied command at each level of the hierarchy. For example, the following command:

$ walk /Users/your_id "rm *.bak"

will walk through all subfolders of your home directory, deleting all those annoying backup files that many text editors such as vi/vim create each time you edit a file. This makes it very convenient for cleaning up junk that accumulates over time. If you are a developer:

$ walk your_development_root_folder "rm *.o"

will remove all of your accumulated object files from compiling. Again, a nice clean up mechanism.

You can find walk at www.campbell-tx.net, under the CampbellWare, Utilities, Mac OS X Utilities navigation path.

walk, like all CampbellWare software, is released under the terms of GPLv2, and includes full source code and unlimited right to use, modify and repackage. Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.