Camino

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me why I shouldn't stay with Camino...the browser that is a little bit Safari and a little Bit Firefox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
For me it's .mac syncing, the overall OS integration, the hassle of manually downloading / installing updates and resizable text fields to name a few.

But I like to take Camino for a spin every now and then and it's my second favorite browser out there. It just lacks a killer feature that outweighs Safari's integration imo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Firefox has the same rendering engine as Camino, but is much more extensible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Camino is a slick browser. The only downside I can think of is the lack of themes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Can somebody tell me why I shouldn't stay with Camino...the browser that is a little bit Safari and a little Bit Firefox?

Is there some reason you don't want to? This, IMHO, is a rather silly question. You should use whichever browser your prefer and enjoy to use that works for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
If you have an iPhone. Safari syncs bookmarks with the iPhone. I still use Camino but every once in a while I fire up Safari so I can update some bookmarks.

OP
jacintosh
Reaction score
Silly?

The question may have been somewhat rhetorical, but it certainly isn't silly. I was hoping to find some feedback as to why it is so little used by many. As a moderator of this forum, I wouldn't expect you to make that type of a statement. I don't think any question should be labeled as silly, or any other degrogative........

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.