Removing apps

Reaction score
Hi,

can someone explain the proper procedure for removing applications. I'm having trouble with MS Office for Mac, and I'd like to remove it and reinstall it.

Also, will reinstalling it on the same computer use up one of my 3 licences ?

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
Drag the App to the Trash can. job done.

No too sure about the user lisecences tho! (hahahah I cant spell licenceses)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Easy way - Open finder to your applications folder, click, drag and drop MS Office on the trash can - the app is gone

Other easy way - Install AppDelete - don't remember now, but I think it automatically puts itself in the dock, but if not just drag it there from your apps folder. Then drag and drop MS Office onto the AppDelete icon in the dock, it will remove the app and look for other associated files and folders and place them all in the trash where you can then empty the trash or restore the application.

You will still be able to install legally onto 2 other machines.

Reaction score
download appzapper and use that. open appzapper then drag the app u wanna delete into appzapper and zap it. pm me if you need serials. i have on extra on offer for free.

Reaction score
For the sake of eliminating confusion:

- Moving the app to the Trash is the normal Mac way to uninstall Apps.
- Using an application such as AppDelete or AppZapper only helps in removing any preference files and settings that Apps leave behind. These files usually amount to nothign more than a few Kilobytes.

If you're experiencing problems with your Office installation, I suggest using one of the mentioned apps, in order ot make sure you clean out every bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
download appzapper and use that. open appzapper then drag the app u wanna delete into appzapper and zap it. pm me if you need serials. i have on extra on offer for free.

When I delete an app, I want every trace of it off my computer. I use AppZapper, and it works like a charm.

As Yogi mentioned, if Office is giving you problems, it's probably best if you use AppZapper, AppDelete, or some other program that will delete all traces of the application.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.