iphone software update problem?

Reaction score
I have an iphone 3GS, and about a week or so ago when I connected to itunes, it said there was an update for my phone. Every since the upgrade, I've had audio issues when playing music from my iphone when plugged in from the charging port (my truck has a USB jack so I can plug in the standard iphone/ipod cable and my truck stereo will control the iphone or ipod music). When listening to music from the headphone jack, the sound is clear. When listening as described above, it almost sounds like there are skips in the music. My Nano sounds fine when I connect it the same way, so I know it's not my truck's stereo or the cable. I'm assuming it's related to the latest iphone software update.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? :Confused:

Thanks

OP
FLSandman
Reaction score
I have an iphone 3GS, and about a week or so ago when I connected to itunes, it said there was an update for my phone. Every since the upgrade, I've had audio issues when playing music from my iphone when plugged in from the charging port (my truck has a USB jack so I can plug in the standard iphone/ipod cable and my truck stereo will control the iphone or ipod music). When listening to music from the headphone jack, the sound is clear. When listening as described above, it almost sounds like there are skips in the music. My Nano sounds fine when I connect it the same way, so I know it's not my truck's stereo or the cable. I'm assuming it's related to the latest iphone software update.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? :Confused:

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The latest iPhone update works great if you have an iPhone 4. However, the general consensus is that iPhone 3G and 3GS users should skip the update as it causes more problems than it's worth. Google around and find out how to downgrade back to version 3.1.3 which is the best for your phone.

And, please do not cross post. It causes confusion and clutters the forums with unnecessary traffic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.