Need help, dead MacMini.

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here, and I've grown quite desperate for some answers about my mini...

About a month ago I tried turning on my computer and it went to the Apple logo loading screen and stayed there for an unusually long amount of time. Then it went to another grey screen with the same loading symbol going on and on. Eventually it turned back off. This happened every time I tried to turn it on, even after checking and re-plugging all of the computers power wires... etc.
I left it alone for a couple of weeks thinking I'd be able to get a technician but a week ago I tried turning it on and it didn't at all. No screen, no light, or power signs at all. Now it continues to be this way as it doesn't turn on.

I normally wouldn't mind resetting my computer completely, however I had loads of iTunes stuff that is worth a lot of money and I'm pretty sure it was not backed up. I don't want that all to go to waste... Help!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hi and Welcome - could be good to start with easy stuff. Are the plugs in Mini and power pack seated OK - cannot remember if Mini has light on front or not. Next - do u have the Install disk that came with the Mini and can u boot off that by powering on and holding C key? Ooops just noted that you have checked plugs - ignore that

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.