iTunes issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2008 8 core -HDD Raid 0 -20Gb/Ram -ATI5870
Hi all,

A few time ago I got problems using fast switching ( I had to re-install the whole system).

Now something new: iTunes starts but I cannot quit it; even using kill iTunes.pid in the terminal!!
A another day, it doesn't start at all! --> by restarting OSX, it works a few time and then again cannot be killed!!
Any idea??

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
This is a guess here. To me it sounds like you have a permissions problem. Due to the fact that you are unable to kill the process in the terminal window. Have use used the disk utility to repair permissions?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2008 8 core -HDD Raid 0 -20Gb/Ram -ATI5870
iTunes issue

rman said:
This is a guess here. To me it sounds like you have a permissions problem. Due to the fact that you are unable to kill the process in the terminal window. Have use used the disk utility to repair permissions?

I used the disc utility repair and it seems to work.
To kill the process I was logged as Root; but the process became a "Zombie" and couldn't be killed...
Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.