Questions about my Linksys Wireless router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33 ghz, 15 inch, 3gb ram.
Hi everyone, I had a couple quick questions about the wireless linksys router I just set up in my house. To start, during the set up process, I made a couple mistakes and tried a couple different wireless names. I now have the one I want, but the old names still show up as putting out a wireless signal that people can try and connect to. How would I get rid of these other wireless signals that I don't want coming from my router and only keep the one I use?

My second question involves the renewal time on my WPA encryption key. It's set default for 3600 seconds. How big can I make the renewal number? And is there anyway to do away with the renewal time all together? The only reason I ask this, is because when I originally tried to set up WEP, it kept coming up with an error over and over and over again. The router worked fine when I left the security disabled, but that also allows my neighbors to piggy back off my connection. Finally I tried the WPA security and that works without any hassel, except for the key renewal thing. Thanks all, and sorry if that was confusing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Model please?

Your WPA renewal number should be fine where it is. Whats the problem you are having with it? Remember WPA is more stable and secure then wep

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.