Problem Mounting FAT 16 CF card

M

minestar

I've recently given up on mounting my 1gb CF card. I use it to load pictures from my Digital Camera (Nikon Coolpix 950 *Ancient). I don't have a cable to connect to my MacBook + I'm not willing to pay money on third-party softwares. Does anyone know if there's any freeware out there? (*i just busted a rhyme.... may be not) I don't want to give up on my old trust worthy digital camera, but i've searched far and wide and found nothing for it.

I'll appreciate any feedback.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I don't know of anything free, but for a very small sum, you can get one of those "all in one" external card readers that read CF, SD, Memory stick etc. I use one of these on an equally old 384K CF card that is in an old Minolta Dimage 7i, which I still shoot with now and then. Works great. These readers can be had for anywhere from $12.00 on up at Best Buy. Is your old Coolpix worth $12.00? I hope so!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.