Where to buy my first Mac...

Reaction score
Just curious if there is a best place to buy a Mac? I know that I can buy online from the Apple website. There is also an Apple store in the area that I could also buy from. In addition to that, there are a couple of other Apple specialty resellers in the area. Finally, I think Fry's in my area sells Apple stuff too.

Is there a difference in where I buy? Should I expect a significant price difference from place to place? I qualify for a student discount, so does this mean my best price will end up being from Apple directly?

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I recommend you to buy it directly from a mac store, they have great service and you can see the product you wish to buy.
I recommend macs, this machines are beautiful, long lasting and always at the click of a button.
Many people tend to complain abut prices on software and how hard to find they are, but there is a lot of open-source software that you can get for free.

I hope this helps..

www.macandtalk.com

Reaction score
Either an Apple store, or if you don't have one nearby, I recommend the telephone hotline (1-800-My-Apple).

I think they're great, and you can negotiate a good price as well.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I believe that if you are planning too use the education discount, you need to got to the Apple Store (brick and mortar) or Apple on-line.

OP
S
Reaction score
Either an Apple store, or if you don't have one nearby, I recommend the telephone hotline (1-800-My-Apple).

I think they're great, and you can negotiate a good price as well.

Negotiate a PRICE?!?! I didn't realize that buying a Mac was like buying a new car rather than like buying any other computer. Just how much negotiating are you talking about? Would I be able to negotiate a better price than the educational discount?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I would visit the local Mac reseller if you have one and have the advantage of dealing directly with staff on a face to face basis, and getting a demonstration of your preferred model. Makes it so much easier to get after sales service.

The price is the price no matter how much you negotiate.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.