Don't bank on it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad2, iPhone5
I just found a UK government website with bank holidays on it on my iPad2. I took the option, on the website, to put these into my calendar. It worked!

Then, each time I move past Easter Monday in iPad calendar the calendar terminates.

I restarted to no avail. Only when I deleted Easter Monday from calendar did the problem go away.

This is weird. All the othe rbank hols are still there and seem ok.

Is there any way to "clean" an iPad of such things?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I just found a UK government website with bank holidays on it on my iPad2. I took the option, on the website, to put these into my calendar. It worked!

Then, each time I move past Easter Monday in iPad calendar the calendar terminates.

I restarted to no avail. Only when I deleted Easter Monday from calendar did the problem go away.

This is weird. All the othe rbank hols are still there and seem ok.

Is there any way to "clean" an iPad of such things?

Must have been an ancient Mayan govt website. ;)

Don't have an answer, other than trying a hard reset. (Hold the Home button and Power/Sleep buttons until the Apple icon appears, then wait for it to restart).

If that doesn't work you could do a full reset and restore but that would require you having a previous backup to restore to.

EDIT: Just noticed you said you did a restart, so i assume from that you already did a hard reset.

OP
Perranoak
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad2, iPhone5
Yes, perhaps the Mayans were a few months out!

It does work now, I just wondered what to do if something like this happened again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.