MacBook Pro won't download or stream anything

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro 2011(Lion OS) won't download anything, it starts and just completes at about 200kb no matter how large the download is and it also doesn't stream anything on YouTube or any video site, it starts buffering then stops after about a second or two BUT when I'm downloading a torrent file it completes it perfectly and its not my connection cos I've tried two different networks and also I've tried my connection on my sisters PC and everything works perfectly there, what could be the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
My MacBook Pro 2011(Lion OS) won't download anything, it starts and just completes at about 200kb no matter how large the download is and it also doesn't stream anything on YouTube or any video site, it starts buffering then stops after about a second or two BUT when I'm downloading a torrent file it completes it perfectly and its not my connection cos I've tried two different networks and also I've tried my connection on my sisters PC and everything works perfectly there, what could be the problem?

Not sure about everything else but the torrent files are only very small like only 25kbs

Have you restarted your Mac at all ?? Repaired permissions via Disk Utility ??

Oh and welcome to the forums :)

OP
Z
Reaction score
Good God, I'm retarded

It worked, I restarted it and it's back to normal, the thing has been like this for a week now and all it needed was a restart, I always put the Mac to sleep, I can't even remember the last time I shut it down.
Anyway, Massive thanks, you saved me from looking like a retard in the apple store:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
It worked, I restarted it and it's back to normal, the thing has been like this for a week now and all it needed was a restart, I always put the Mac to sleep, I can't even remember the last time I shut it down.
Anyway, Massive thanks, you saved me from looking like a retard in the apple store:D

Your welcome mate/matess :) Is what we are here for. In future a restart can really cure such a lot of things when there is something wrong with the machine. Its the first thing i do as it cleans up a lot of crap that has built up over time, so to speak.
Glad i could help and don't be shy, stay around as we have a great community here :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.