New Laptop and Iweb

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a new macbook pro. This ones getting a bit passed it.

Obviously the new laptop will come with the latest OS, which does not include Iweb. Is there a way to install Iweb onto the latest OS?????

Thanks Dave

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes. Actually several ways.

1. Make a Time Machine backup of your old MBP. The first time you turn on your new MBP and before you create an account on it, migrate the TM backup to the new MBP. All your apps, docs, settings, etc, will be transferred to the new machine.

2. Use the Migration Assistant.

I have done the above (used Time Machine) several times when going from one machine to a new one and it has always worked well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Pendle, people can still use iWeb and host the files on their own server, they just won't be able to use the MobileMe service to host the site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pendle, people can still use iWeb and host the files on their own server, they just won't be able to use the MobileMe service to host the site.

Hello Stretch, nice one re the MOTM.

I still use it but have mine hosted by a.n.other. The way I understand it is that there is no more development of iWeb..it's been parked by Apple. I liked it and find other apps too complicated for my ageing grey matter unless you can recommend something ?

I guess I'm reticent to put effort into updating and refining a site which is built with redundant software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Rapidweaver is probably the closest alternative to iWeb.

C

chas_m

To the best of my knowledge, iWeb should continue to work in Mountain Lion and already works fine in Lion, so you are probably safe for another few years of use, particularly if you avoid upgrading the OS to any major versions before being assured that iWeb will or will not work with it.

Should you decide to move on, I second Stretch's recommendation of Rapidweaver. It's a bit different but learnable and, like iWeb, very easy for basic use.

Reaction score
You may also want to look into Freeway and SandVov. Both are fairly similar to RapidWeaver (and iWeb), and have free trial versions available.

EDIT: SandVox

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cheers, I'll give them a look

OP
P.S. Taker
Reaction score
Would it be possible to copy the iWeb program itself then paste it into the new computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.