Cracked.

Reaction score
I have this crack on my MacBook Pro, it's after years of it being beaten around because I'm reckless, lol. So I was wondering what I should do, I was thinking glue, but I don't know.

spLMh.jpg

Edit: This crack is on both sides.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have this crack on my MacBook Pro, it's after years of it being beaten around because I'm reckless, lol. So I was wondering what I should do, I was thinking glue, but I don't know.

Edit: This crack is on both sides.

If this is one of the "white polycarbonate/plastic MacBooks)...and If I'm seeing things correctly in the photo...that crack appears to be the screen bezel. If so...Apple is still replacing that for free (a well known defect) even if the computer is out of warranty.:)

Get to your local Apple Store ASAP!!!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
If this is one of the "white polycarbonate/plastic MacBooks)...and If I'm seeing things correctly in the photo...that crack appears to be the screen bezel. If so...Apple is still replacing that for free (a well known defect) even if the computer is out of warranty.:)

Get to your local Apple Store ASAP!!!

- Nick

It's a Macbook Pro, its in the OP post. :D

-Kyle

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's a Macbook Pro, its in the OP post. :D

-Kyle

I thought maybe the OP made a mistake saying "MacBook Pro" when they may actually have a MacBook.

But if it's really a MacBook Pro...YIKE'S...that is some SERIOUS abuse to do that to the metal (aluminum) display bezel...to completely crack it like that...and not damage the display panel as well!:eek:

- Nick

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I thought maybe the OP made a mistake saying "MacBook Pro" when they may actually have a MacBook.

But if it's really a MacBook Pro...YIKE'S...that is some SERIOUS abuse to do that to the metal (aluminum) display bezel...to completely crack it like that...and not damage the display panel as well!:eek:

- Nick

Seriously. I can't help but wonder if you deduced correctly as it's hard to imagine cracking the aluminum frame without causing other damage.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seriously. I can't help but wonder if you deduced correctly as it's hard to imagine cracking the aluminum frame without causing other damage.

Huh...what planet are you on??? I didn't deduce anything...have you even read this whole thread!

In my 1st post (post #2 in the thread) I commented that if it's really a MacBook (plastic)...than that cracked "plastic" display bezel could be replaced for free from Apple. In my second post (post #4 in the thread) I said the same thing as you (no deduction)...that it would be pretty hard to crack/break an aluminum/metal display bezel like that on a MacBook Pro without doing a lot of damage to the display itself.

- Nick

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Huh...what planet are you on??? I didn't deduce anything...have you even read this whole thread!

In my 1st post (post #2 in the thread) I commented that if it's really a MacBook (plastic)...than that cracked "plastic" display bezel could be replaced for free from Apple. In my second post (post #4 in the thread) I said the same thing as you (no deduction)...that it would be pretty hard to crack/break an aluminum/metal display bezel like that on a MacBook Pro without doing a lot of damage to the display itself.

- Nick

Uhm - I was simply agreeing that your deduction that he may have mistyped which Mac he has may have been spot on - for the same reason as you had already cited. I'm not sure why you found my post offensive - but I'll gladly withdraw it. I was simply saying - I think you might be right. Next time I'll just quietly subscribe to the thread just to find out and satisfy my curiosity. :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Yeah, as I said, I'm careless, lol.

So, as I asked . . . any suggestions on how to fix it up a little?

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No personal experience with this company but they offer screen replacement parts if you're game to tackle it. I don't think I would be. MacBook Pro Display Front Bezel 15" (NEW) Otherwise you'll have to get one those aluminum repair kits - and then covering that patch with a sticker isn't a bad idea. Just put one on both sides to maintain symmetry. :)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Uhm - I was simply agreeing that your deduction that he may have mistyped which Mac he has may have been spot on - for the same reason as you had already cited. I'm not sure why you found my post offensive - but I'll gladly withdraw it. I was simply saying - I think you might be right. Next time I'll just quietly subscribe to the thread just to find out and satisfy my curiosity. :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding...I read your post differently.:)

If the word "as" was inserted between the words "if you" and comma's after "if" and "correctly"...it would have made perfect sense to me. Thus:

"Seriously. I can't help but wonder if, as you deduced correctly, as it's hard to imagine cracking the aluminum frame without causing other damage."

- Nick

C

chas_m

Just a couple of nitpicky points:

a. Apple does not cover abuse on a laptop. So no, Apple is not going to fix this. Sorry.

b. It's actually "Duct Tape." That's why it's silver. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Just a couple of nitpicky points:

a. Apple does not cover abuse on a laptop. So no, Apple is not going to fix this. Sorry.

b. It's actually "Duct Tape." That's why it's silver. :)

Haha, I just realized that, and then I saw your post. Thanks :D

- Kyle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.