Upgrading to Panther

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I have been running Jaguar 10.2.8 for some time now. Now that I have finally submitted my taxes. It is time to upgrade the OS on my powerbook. So for those that are running Panther here is the question:

I am only using three applicaitons in classic mode, that are Quicken, Illustrator and my scanner software. I am planning to do a clean install of the OS.

Do I install OS X.3 first and then copy by OS 9 system folder?
Or do I install the OS 9 system first and then OS X.3?

In the Jaguar envirnoment I have a problem connecting to the internet. This started at OS X 10.2.3 and continues in 10.2.8. It takes any where between five to ten minutes before I can connect to the internet after the computer is awaken from a deep sleep. Sometimes when the ssytem boots up I have the same problem. Doest that problem still exist in Panther. I know it problem is only with 10.2.x, because I have two other systems running 10.1.5 and I don't have any problems connecting. All of the system are DHCP enabled and the router is defined as the DHCP server.

T

TylerMoney

I haven't had any problems connecting to the internet after awakening from sleep...sometimes it'll take about 5 secs...but no longer than that as far as I've seen.

And I do believe you install os 9 first..then os x3 .....though...mine panter has classic mode in it already...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.