NTFS in Disk Utility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" Core i7 - 2.66 GHz - 8GBS RAM - 500GB Hard Drive @ 7200 RPMs -
I've just received my Macbook Pro (15" Core i7 2.66 GHz 500 GB hard drive @7200 rpms, etc) and i wanted to create a quad-boot with Mac OS X, Windows 7, Linux Mint and Ubuntu. I have already installed rEFIt. The first problem i ran into was creating a partition for the separate OS's. I tried creating a MS-DOS FAT partition, but it was not recognized as compatible in the Windows 7 setup. Nor was an exFAT partition. An option to create a NTFS partition is not available in Disk Utility. How can i create one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
You can create a blank partition then boot with the windows 7 cd. You will then recognize the blank partition with the windows 7 disc and format that way. Also in the windows 7 setup you can just delete that FAT partition you created and re-create it as NTFS. It is quite flexible.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" Core i7 - 2.66 GHz - 8GBS RAM - 500GB Hard Drive @ 7200 RPMs -
Thanks. Actually, the blank partition didn't work for me, but i was able to create an MS-DOS FAT partition and format that. Thanks again though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
No problem glad it worked :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.