Upgrading

C

cory

I have a 40 GB i believe it would 3rd gen Ipod. The one right before the newest ones. Is it worth it to upgrade? I heard they have longer battery life. There smaller and have new software. Let me know. Thanks!!

OP
I

iSheep

Do you really want to spend all that money?

I'm waiting for the next one - every other version is my preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The size and software differences are minimal, not worth the money. The battery life is longer though, and the grey click-wheel...hmm, well, you love it or you hate it.

If your 3g iPod works fine, and the battery life isn't too much of an issue (just about 2-3hours more), stay with it. The upgrade isn't worth the money...
And if you like the Touchwheel, all-white front and the red light buttons, you will be disappointed with the click-wheel, which is ugly grey. But that's my personal opinion anyway... ;)

OP
C

cory

yea i kinda do like the all white on the front better. that grey its like kinda eh. they should have kept it white but still put the buttons on the wheel. With the red lights behind the each side of the wheel. that would have looked sharp. Yea ill probably just wait until they new Gen 5 comes out to upgrade. hmmm

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.