Bad gaming performance normal for Bootcamp?

Reaction score
Hello ppl,

I was wondering if Bootcamp is not really good for gaming. I have a MacbookPro 13" with i7 and 4GB RAM. I have also given Bootcamp the recommended 250 gb space. However, it still has trouble running a lot of the games. I have to run games like Call Of Duty Modern Warfare and Black Ops (entire series) on the lowest setting possible and they still give me occasional lag? The same's up with Tribes ascend, Assassin's Creed 1, and even CS source and America's Army 3.

Another thing I noticed was that Portal runs perfectly on Mac OSX, but lags terribly on bootcamp... What's up with that? :eek:

Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? :'(

Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks a ton in advance! :)

P.S. Other games I have to run on lowest settings include: Team Fortress 2, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Blacklight Retribution, COD World at War, Skyrim etc.

Reaction score
What processor is in it, quad or dual... and what graphics card?

SM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Are you using the stock graphics drivers installed during the bootcamp setup?

You want the latest nvidia mobile driver for the 650m (assuming you have the latest 13" i7 mbp)

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Selecting windows 32bit or 64bit as appropriate

OP
E
Reaction score
Oh... My mac uses intel HD Graphics 3000... so nvidia couldn't find anything.... Thanks for the replies though! and its got quad core...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You want the latest nvidia mobile driver for the 650m (assuming you have the latest 13" i7 mbp)

? The latest 13" MBP has the Intel HD 4000. Perhaps you meant the 15" model?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Apologies, completely misread 13/15.

Reaction score
Did you instal the Windows Bootcamp Support Package from the install disk, or did you download it via Bootcamp?
If you used the install disk, you may have installed obsolete drivers, I suggest you try downloading the latest drivers for your Graphics CPU.

SM

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies!
And Sur3Mac, I used the install disk, but I have already used the Intel automatic driver update utility to update all graphics drivers on this...
Before the updates, a few games actually used to crash randomly.. thankfully at least that has stopped.. :/
If anyone here has got any better driver recommendations please let me know!

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.