Lost Safari after taking updates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 8.1 Mac OS X 10.5.8
After the updates safari went off my dock. I brought it back to dock but when I attempted to open - it always "unexpectadly quit" after showing (very briefly) a grey window with bookmarks tabs.

I have now restored safari by using the time machine back up. I would like to know 1. why it was lost after updates and 2, Will it be lost again, please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Can you elaborate on which updates you installed? And please post some info about which version of OS X you have and your machine year model.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X 10.5.4
Safari troubles

I have troubles with Safari, after downloading
version 5.0 (5533.16)

I have Mac OS X 10.5.8

It repeatedly quits, when I first open it. Says merely "Safari quit unexpectedly"

I should have known better than to go for a new version!!

What can I do??:Angry:

Reaction score
Sure seems like there are a lot of issues with Safari 5. I'm not upgrading until I hear that things are fixed.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 8.1 Mac OS X 10.5.8
I have looked in the log and I took updates; safari (5.0) and at the same time security update 2010-004 (1.0)

I am not a technical user and always just take the updates from apple. I would otherwise have no idea which to accept and which to reject.

My mac (Imac 8.1) is OS X version 10.5.8. I bought it in the UK (Apple shop) in August 2008

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.