Second Monitor Out of Position

Reaction score
I dual screen, but my second monitor is out of position. The second monitor's ideal resolution is 1680 x 1050, but at this resolution the screen shows about an inch of black space on one side. However, on other less desirable solution the screen fits fine.
I have already tried to adjust the setting using the buttons on the monitor.
I'm stuck, so any help would be great!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to appropriate forum.

Without posting any information at all about your hardware and which operating system you're using, it's difficult to give you an answer that can help.

OP
S
Reaction score
Moved to appropriate forum.

Without posting any information at all about your hardware and which operating system you're using, it's difficult to give you an answer that can help.

Sorry. I am using a Macbook Pro 15" with Mac OS X Version 10.6.4
The second monitor which is giving me trouble is an Acer AL2216W.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Thanks for posting specs. You didn't mention which adapter you were using to get the video to the Acer, but if you're using VGA try using DVI instead.
(According to Acer, the monitor can accept an analogue VGA signal or a digital signal via DVD-D.)

Your Acer's native resolution is 1680 x 1050, however, you stated that resulted in a black band on one side. That could also be caused by an incorrect raster adjustment on the monitor itself. It's possible the monitor could be defective.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.