Lone Mac on PC network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2.0 Ghz - 1GB RAM - 60GB HD
So i've been having problems accessing our home pc network. I'm using a linksys wireless router and we have 3 computers wired and 2 laptops (one being my macbook).

My brother who uses a pc is able to connect to the network, however I cannot. I still can access the internet via the wireless router, however I am unable to access any files on the network.

When I go to connect to server, and type in the IP address of one of the computers it does not connect. It gives me error code 36.

Also when I select Network, none of the computers let alone the workgroup show up. After reading a few posts some say I should be able to see any computers in the network in that screen.

Hopefully someone out there had this similar problem and can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
is filesharing enabled? i'm a lone mac user on my network and i don't have any problems. what i do is kind of wierd, so beware... i click on my hard drive and click on network and nothing shows up, so i close it. i wait a few seconds and then i go back and everything else show up. i know this sounds really really stupid, but thats the only way it works for me. i can never connect on the first try.

Reaction score
Are you running a Firewall like ZoneAlarm? Have you allowed your Macs IP address access to the PC in the PC's Firewall's preferences?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.