other word processing apps??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB RAM.
i recently experienced some issues with my Microsoft Office 2004, so i tried deleting the entire thing and re-installing the startup disk. everything installs just fine, but when i go to open any office application, the same thing occurs. so in a nut shell, i'm finished with Microsoft Office. :mad: does anyone know of any other word processing applications that i could buy that does fairly the same thing but is more OS X friendly?? thanx.

Reaction score
Pages for the Apple branded goodness

Neo Office for the freeware/open source alternative. It's fully featured and does a great job considering it's free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Mini with LG Flatron 20" widescreen LCD
mig.gentry said:
Pages for the Apple branded goodness

Neo Office for the freeware/open source alternative. It's fully featured and does a great job considering it's free

I had loads of issues with microsoft office and then installed neo office. Never looked back its great for what i need to do.
My mac is a microsoft free zone now, as it should be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Neo Office/iWork

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
neo office is excellent

make sure you delete your preferences and maybe it might work like normal again.
-chris

OP
munkism
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro. 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 4GB RAM.
coach_z said:
neo office is excellent

make sure you delete your preferences and maybe it might work like normal again.
-chris

yeah, i deleted EVERYTHING (uninstall to be more precise) and i got the same results. but thanx everyone for the input. small question before i look for it, does is still save as .doc or is it another file extension?? thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Mini with LG Flatron 20" widescreen LCD
munkism said:
yeah, i deleted EVERYTHING (uninstall to be more precise) and i got the same results. but thanx everyone for the input. small question before i look for it, does is still save as .doc or is it another file extension?? thanx

You can still save with .doc or its own file extension, and also open docs that you have made in office as well.

A

ashden

iWork '06 is the only one I know. Next version of MS Office is supposed to be universal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
munkism said:
i recently experienced some issues with my Microsoft Office 2004, so i tried deleting the entire thing and re-installing the startup disk. everything installs just fine, but when i go to open any office application, the same thing occurs. so in a nut shell, i'm finished with Microsoft Office. :mad: does anyone know of any other word processing applications that i could buy that does fairly the same thing but is more OS X friendly?? thanx.
What is this problem you've been experiencing? It would be a shame to ditch the best word-processing solution around for an inferior product if the problem is something you could fix easily.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.