I can't type the password for login

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi, I am as new as I could be to Macintosh, I repair standard PC's and a customer has bought it to me to see if I can get it going for her and I am totally lost, Before it goes in to be sent away or what ever happens I am hopefull someone here can shed some light on the subject.
Aparently the computer has been working fine until one day the customer went to login and typed the info in correctly and it flashes incorrect password and dissapears. I have now found that you can type in the login name and when you get to the password it is as if the keyboard doesn't work.
Tha password and login name are both the same so its not a keyboard issue as it has no trouble with the login name and reliably is dead at the password with no text able to be typed.
I have put the disk in and reset the password to the correct password for the user account to be sure and no change, and I take it the disk removal is a software function because I can't find how to remove the disk,
I know theres most likely many laughing out there reading this thinking stick to pc's and I will apart from I would really like to help this customer out and see a mac running for my own curiosity as I know there is something really good about them but never had a play with one, here is my opportunity for conversion but I have to get in to it first.
Thanks for any help if you can offer any suggestions to solve this issue

Oh it is an iMac 20 inch screen with everything built in and only a keyboard to plug in and the mouse in to the keyboard, sorry the specs are so vague but I also can't find any other identification of model on it, the OS disks with it are OS X so I take it it's OS 10.0

Thanks

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok all sorted out had to repair the permissions using the install disk.
if this forum works like others could a moderator remove this thread please
Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.