Colorful problem...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
About an hour ago, I was just doing normal stuff on my MBP (safari, pages, ical, iPhoto) and then when I switch over to pages, the pages document blanks and then starts flashing random colors, from blue to red to green, to the whole spectrum. I took a screen shot of the problem a couple of times, and I attached on of them.. After the 4th screen shot it the cursor freezes and the pages is still throwing colors at me.
So I do a hard restart, and log back in open up Safari again, to post this, and it took me 3 tries, because it kept on crashing. And well it looks like this time I got lucky.

This happened once before but on a restart, the screen started showing random colors, took out the battery and restarted it and back to normal, didn't really think twice about it, I was in a hurry to get it back up. That was about 2 months ago.

As you can see my iCal is pretty empty ;)

Picture 4.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Waterpolo820,

Looks like a video card problem, but could be other things, like motherboard or software corruption. Is your MBP still covered by warranty or Apple Care? If it is, I'd call Apple and have a discussion with them about this.

You could try using Onyx or MainManu to run maintenance scripts and re-building, etc. to see if that helps. Or even go to Disk Utility and do a disk verify or repair.

Hope you find the solution soon,

Noel

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, it still is covered under warranty. I guess I should just give Apple a call tomorrow. But in the mean time it doesn't hurt to run Disk Utility

Thanks

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just got an all clear from disk utility...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Waterpolo820,

That's a good start, but if you're still getting rainbows, that call to Apple can't hurt.

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.