word 2008 reporting error upon close

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook Pro, 2.26 GHz, 2 GB Memory, 160 GB Hard Drive
It happens pretty frequently recently. When I "command+Q" to shut off my word 2008 after saving all the changes, the program always reports an "unexpected error" and then restart with a new blank file. Although it doesn't affect my existing files (as I always save the changes on a regular base), it really annoys a lot! Anyone has the same issue? Is it because I am missing any office updates?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have the same issue with Excel (Office 2007) on my Win XP machine. It's a pitr. There is a box there when the error message opens up in mine, make sure to uncheck it... at least then it doesn't restart.

Haven't had the time to research that small an issue at work. Especially since I only close Excel once a week - on Friday afternoon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.